What makes Camp Regis Applejack special?
- Values: Friendship, Exploration, Caring, Independence, Diversity, Inclusion
- Safe exploration of individuality within a community
- Heritage. Purity of experience.
- Majestic location in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains with ¾ mile of lakefront
- Two camps in one: Regis (6-12) and Applejack Teen (13-16)
- Co-ed. Non-denominational. General interest: Sports, waterfront, arts.
- Friendships for a lifetime.
- Nature. Environment. Trips.
- Three Rs: Recharge. Reconnect. Reflect.
Camp is the ultimate stress-free environment because it eliminates the normality of everyday life such as phones, traffic, and classes. Camp gives you a completely new routine that ultimately serves the purpose of creating a loving place where campers and counselors enjoy doing fun activities together. It’s a sort of alternate universe where it doesn’t matter where you’re from, who your friends are, or what you enjoy doing because everyone is a part of the same tight-knit community. It’s the best feeling in the world to see some of your closest friends throughout the day unexpectedly, without texting to meet up or making some sort of extensive, ever-changing plan. You become so actively involved at camp that you almost forget that the real world even exists.
- Community gatherings.